If you want a sweet and sour flavor for ribs this is the recipe for you. I’ve used this same kind of sauce with meatballs and loved them, so I thought it would be great for pork as well. Wow does it give you some awesome flavor! Enjoy… I did! Continue reading “Weekly Ad Recipe – Grilled Ribs With Sweet & Savory Sauce”
I make this recipe all the time because my husband loves any type of pork or chicken that has a sweet and sour taste to it. Adding fresh chunks of pineapple to this recipe puts it over the top but if you don’t have any on hand using pineapple out of a can works just as well. Enjoy…I did!
– Jayne, Coborn’s Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- 2 tsp. Oil
- 1 med. Red & Yellow Pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 (8oz) Pineapple Chunks In Juice, undrained
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ Cup French Dressing
- 1.5 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1.5 Cups Instant White Rice, uncooked
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chops; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned on both sides.
- Add peppers, pineapple, broth, dressing and garlic powder; mix well.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice; cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until chops reach an internal temperature of at least 145°F.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.