This recipe is outstanding and the Mediterranean flavor puts this roast over the top. I love the sun-dried tomato and olive flavors in this roast. Since I love olives I also added a few Kalamata olives to this recipe. Enjoy… I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 3 Lb. Boneless Rump Roast
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- ⅓ Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes In Oil, drained and chopped
- ½ Cup Sliced Pitted Ripe Olives
- ½ Cup Beef Broth
- ½ Cup Frozen Pearl Onions
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef in skillet about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Sprinkle with salt, Italian seasoning and garlic; remove from skillet.
- Place beef, seasoned side up, in 4 or 5 quart slow cooker.
- Spread tomatoes and olives over roast.
- Add broth and onions.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7-8 hours until beef reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Slice beef; serve with beef juice and onions from slow cooker.