We are right in the middle of Lent and aren’t we always looking for some great fish or seafood recipe that we can serve our family or guests for dinner on a Friday evening? I started digging through my books and books of recipes that I have collected over the years and I found one that my mom used to make for us when we had family dinners. This is a recipe you could use even for cod, but I chose salmon just because of it being my favorite and my family’s also. Continue reading “Baked Salmon with Cilantro”
So far this Summer we have been very lucky to have some wonderful weather! I love getting home from work and spending the evenings in the garden. We have probably eaten just as many meals outside on the patio this year as we have inside! Continue reading “Homemade Puppy Pops”
The 4th of July weekend of celebration is upon us! How will you be celebrating? With a potluck? Picnic? Trip to the lake or cabin? No matter the celebration one consistent aspect of any summertime get-together is delicious food and of course… Tasty drinks and liquor ideas! Continue reading “4th of July Moonshine Cherry Bombs”
Try these kid-friendly recipes and decorating ideas guaranteed to steal Dad’s heart! Continue reading “Weekly Ad Recipes – Father’s Day Treat Ideas”
- 17 Oz. Angel Food Cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Lb. Fresh Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 Lb. Fresh Blueberries
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 T. Sugar
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 2- 8 oz. Cream Cheese,
- pkgs. Softened
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- In a measuring cup, combine water, 2 T. sugar and lemon juice and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- With mixer on, pour in heavy cream, then turn mixer to medium/high and continue beating until consistency of whipped cream.
- Add vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Place ⅓ of angel food cake into the bottom of a trifle dish and brush with ⅓ of lemon syrup.
- Add ⅓ of cream and loosely spread it over cake pieces.
- Add ½ of the strawberries.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients (adding ½ of the blueberries for the second fruit layer).
- Frost the top with last ⅓ of cream and decorate with remaining fruit.