Thanksgiving is fast approaching and there are so many things to do that day. I tried this recipe at last year’s dinner and it was a hit. It was very easy to make and I was able to make this up the night before which gave me more time to spend with family. Enjoy… I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 8 Cups Lightly Packed ¾ Inch Cubes Of French Bread
- 1 Lb. Spicy Pork Sausage
- 2 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. Dried Sage Leaves
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in baking dish.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage, celery and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Add sausage mixture, sage and cranberries to baking dish; mix lightly with bread cubes.
- In medium bowl, beat broth, milk and eggs with fork until well mixed; pour over bread and stir gently to soak all bread cubes in milk mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes and until golden brown.