It’s the start of a new season and that means it’s time to get out the slow cooker. Here is a perfect recipe on the days you know you won’t have a lot of time after work. It was great! The pork chops were moist and the vegetables were tender with a lot of good flavor. If you don’t care for the flavor of basil you can leave it out. Enjoy… I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 1-1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic-Pepper Blend
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops, ½ inch thick
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots
- 4 Small Red Potatoes, cut in half
- 1 Onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 Small Yellow Summer Squash, thinly sliced
- 2 T. Dried Basil
- In small bowl, mix salt and garlic-pepper blend.
- Sprinkle half of seasoning mixture over pork.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-heat.
- Cook pork chops in oil for about 4 minutes, turning once, until just browned.
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place pork chops in slow cooker; top with carrots, potatoes and onion.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6-7 hours.
- In medium bowl, mix squash, basil, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining half of seasoning mixture; spoon on top of vegetable mixture in slow cooker.
- Increase heat setting to High.
- Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until squash is crisp-tender.