There are many things to be thankful for this season! Family, friends and food just to name a few. Spend some extra time with your family and friends this week and leave the meal planning to us! Continue reading “Fresh Meal Planning (11/20-11/26)”
With Winter being just over a month away, there is sure to be some cold weather ahead. Those chilly nights call for some nice, hot comfort food to keep our families warm. Continue reading “Fresh Meal Planning (11/13-11/19)”
Here is a great winter roast that will surely make your taste buds tingle! Great flavor and the meat is so tender. Enjoy… I did!
This recipe is outstanding and the Mediterranean flavor puts this roast over the top. I love the sun-dried tomato and olive flavors in this roast. Since I love olives I also added a few Kalamata olives to this recipe. Enjoy… I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 3 Lb. Boneless Rump Roast
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- ⅓ Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes In Oil, drained and chopped
- ½ Cup Sliced Pitted Ripe Olives
- ½ Cup Beef Broth
- ½ Cup Frozen Pearl Onions
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef in skillet about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Sprinkle with salt, Italian seasoning and garlic; remove from skillet.
- Place beef, seasoned side up, in 4 or 5 quart slow cooker.
- Spread tomatoes and olives over roast.
- Add broth and onions.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7-8 hours until beef reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Slice beef; serve with beef juice and onions from slow cooker.