Coborn’s has you covered with another week packed with winning dinner ideas! We’ll save you time and money! Continue reading “Fresh Meal Planning (10/30-11/5)”
- 12 Oz. Box Penne Rigate Pasta
- 24 Oz. Jar Pasta Sauce
- 2 tsp . Italian Seasoning
- 14.5 Oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 4 Oz. Can Mushrooms
- 1 lb. Extra Lean Ground Beef, browned and well drained
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- ½ Cup Low-fat Monterey Jack or Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Optional: Zucchini, Eggplant, Carrot, Fresh Tomato, Low fat or fat free Cottage Cheese
- Boil water for pasta.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Brown and crumble ground beef with diced onion.
- Drain well and rinse if desired.
- Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes to the ground beef and simmer.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well.
- Combine pasta and sauce in casserole dish or dishes.
- Toss to mix well.
- If desired, add spoonfuls of low-fat or fat free cottage cheese and fold in to mix slightly.
- Top with low fat shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven at 400 °F until cheese melts and begins to brown slightly.
You may wish to sauté small diced veggies such as zucchini or eggplant with the meat. You can add a shredded carrot if desired. Using ground turkey, chicken or a veggie meat substitute may lower the fat/calories. If preparing casseroles to freeze, you may wish to add extra tomatoes or sauce because while this freezes and reheats WONDERFULLY it does seem a bit dry if you don’t add extra.