Wow! Can you believe its Easter?? Where did the winter go? I’m so glad it’s over as much as I like it but it’s time to say goodbye and move on to those April showers and May flowers. Continue reading “3 Simple Easter Salads”
The more recipes with turkey I try, the more I like it. These burgers are awesome on the grill. I love the flavor of the Parmesan cheese with the hint of chives. This is a quick and easy recipe to put together for those backyard barbecues. Enjoy…I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 1 Lb. Ground turkey
- ⅓ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Dried Chives
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- 4 Hamburger Buns, split
- Red Onion Rings, optional
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In medium bowl mix all ingredients except buns and onions.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, about ½” thick.
- Carefully brush vegetable oil on grill rack.
- Place patties on grill rack over medium heat.
- Cover grill; cook patties 12 to 15 minutes, turning once and until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Add buns, cut sides down, to side of grill for last 4 minutes of grilling.
- Serve patties on buns with grilled or raw onion rings.
During the winter months I always set a goal to go through all my cupboards and closets in my home and get rid of everything I no longer want or need by the time spring arrives. I had each one of the kids stop home and take their junk that they have stored here for years and if they didn’t want it, I would make sure to donate it to our favorite charity. Well, spring has arrived and I accomplished my goal. I can’t believe how much storage space I have and the best part of going into summer, my house is clean and all the junk is gone.
Now that I have all this extra time, I had a few of my girlfriends over for dinner the other night right after work and I knew that wouldn’t give me much time to come up with something so I prepared a meal that is my husband’s absolute favorite and it is so quick and easy to make. I have served this many times for dinner parties and even for Easter Dinner instead of the traditional ham. I have had so many requests for this recipe and finally my girlfriends the other night told me to put it on my next blog, so here it is. All it takes is 30 minutes of your time. I also have to tell you a little bit about the chicken that I use in this recipe. I want to make sure that I am serving a good and healthy product to my family and friends, so I choose Just BARE Chicken because of the attributes listed in the graphic above.
Crusted Parmesan Chicken
- 1 Package Rice-A-Roni Chicken Flavored Rice
- 1 Cup Half-n-Half or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tub Chive & Onion Flavored Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Packages Fresh Chicken Tenders
- 1 Box Fryin’ Magic Seasoned Coating Mix
- Prepare Chicken Flavored Rice according to package in frying pan and keep warm.
- Moisten chicken tenders with a little water.
- Pour Fryin’ Magic into plastic re-sealable bag along with chicken tenders.
- Shake to coat the chicken tenders.
- Preheat ¼ cup oil in a skillet.
- Brown pieces of chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes, per side.
- Cook until internal temperature of chicken reaches at least 165°F.
- Melt one tub of Chive & Onion Flavored Cream Cheese in pan
- Add 1 cup half-n-half, and ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Mix all together until it forms a nice creamy sauce.
- Now it’s time to serve. Let your company help themselves by placing rice on their plate, then top with 3-4 pieces of chicken and pour Parmesan sauce over the top.
Then all you need is a side of fresh asparagus or garden fresh beans and you have the perfect meal. My husband loves this recipe so much that I think he would give up a steak dinner for this and believe me I thought I would never see that day. Enjoy…..we all did!
Coborn’s, Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
Click Here for more articles written by Jayne
If you want a quick, easy recipe that is done in 30 minutes or less this is the recipe for you. This is definitely my husbands all-time favorite meal and also one of my favorites. Just a quick tip that I tried, instead of plain white rice I made Chicken Flavor Rice-a-Roni. We both loved it. It gave the recipe even more flavor and now that’s the only way we make this dish. The sauce really puts this meal over the top. I know what I’m making for dinner tonight. Enjoy….I will!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 2 Cups Instant Rice, uncooked
- 14.5 Oz. Chicken Broth, divided
- 6 Snack Crackers, finely crushed
- 2 T. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 14-15 Oz. Boneless Skinless Pkg. Chicken Tenders
- 2 tsp. Oil
- ½ Cup Chive & Onion Cream Cheese
- Cook rice as directed on package, using 1.25 cups of the broth and ½ cup water.
- Mix cracker crumbs and parmesan on plate.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and then dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining broth and cream cheese to skillet; bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook 3 minutes or until thickened and then spoon over chicken.
- Serve with rice.