With Winter being just over a month away, there is sure to be some cold weather ahead. Those chilly nights call for some nice, hot comfort food to keep our families warm. Continue reading “Fresh Meal Planning (11/13-11/19)”
- ½ Cup Italian Dressing
- 1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Pour dressing over chicken in shallow dish;
- turn to coat both sides of each breast.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from dressing; discard dressing.
- Grill chicken 6-8 minutes, per side and internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once.
Cantaloupe Chicken Salad
I love this recipe and serve it as a main entree instead of just a side salad. To take a short-cut instead of cooking chicken myself I just grab a rotisserie chicken and use it in this recipe. I really like that I have leftover chicken so that I can make chicken salad sandwiches in the summer or chicken noodle soup in the winter. Enjoy…I did!
– Jayne, Coborn’s Meat & Seafood Merchandiser
Chandon Brut Classic
Pairing sparkling wine with an entree is not as common a practice as it should be. However, this recipe provides the perfect opportunity to demonstrate why this idea should be considered more often. The full, refreshing and dry style of this sparkling wine really stands up to the chicken. The complex citrus fruit and spicy characteristics of the wine really make the flavors of the fruit pop.
– Mike H., Coborn’s Liquor Division Assistant Manager
- ¼ Cup Plain Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 T. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 5 Cups Cantaloupe, cut into 1-1.5” pieces
- 2.5 Cups Rotisserie Chicken, cut up
- 1 Cup Seedless Red Or Green Grapes, cut in half
- 1 Medium Cucumber, cut into strips
- Mix yogurt and mayonnaise in large bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice and salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours
- 3 T. Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 T. Honey
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Chopped Garlic
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- In a shallow container, blend teriyaki sauce, honey, olive oil, lime juice and garlic.
- Place chicken breast into the mixture, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Discard marinade, and grill chicken 6 to 10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
- Serve over a bed of long grain rice and garnish with some fresh limes.