We have an excellent variety of dinner ideas for you this week. Hope you’re ready to spice things up! Continue reading “Fresh Meal Planning (3/19-3/25)”
This year is going by so fast it’s hard to believe it’s already March! Daylight Savings, St. Patrick’s Day and the first day of Spring are all coming up fast! Luckily we have more great meal plans to help save you time and money during this busy month! Continue reading “Fresh Meal Planning (3/5-3/11)”
Crafted in the French tradition from 100% cow’s milk, it’s soft and creamy with a mild taste and snow-white, edible rind. As one of our most multifaceted cheeses, add it to a cheese plate, bake it for a warm snack or include it in a torte to complement the sweetness of fruit. The white rind protects the paste inside as it ripens and becomes more creamy and flavorful. Continue reading “Cheese Of The Month: President Brie”
- 8 Oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 Slices Bread, white or whole wheat
- 1 Small Onion, chopped (optional)
- 8 Slices Bacon, crisply cooked
- 1 Medium Tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium Avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup Butter, softened
- Place ¼-cup cheese on each of 4 bread slices.
- Divide onion, bacon, tomato and avocado evenly onto bread slices.
- Top with remaining cheese and bread slices.
- Spread 2 teaspoons butter over each top slice of bread.
- Place sandwiches, buttered side down, in 12” skillet over medium heat.
- Spread remaining butter over top slices of bread.
- Cook uncovered about 5 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
This is a great, quick and easy recipe for any type of lunch or dinner, especially when you are in a hurry. I just love avocado on anything, and when you add it to your normal BLT Sandwich it puts it over the top. This is one of my favorite recipes. Enjoy…I did!
Coborn’s, Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser