We are right in the middle of Lent and aren’t we always looking for some great fish or seafood recipe that we can serve our family or guests for dinner on a Friday evening? I started digging through my books and books of recipes that I have collected over the years and I found one that my mom used to make for us when we had family dinners. This is a recipe you could use even for cod, but I chose salmon just because of it being my favorite and my family’s also. Continue reading “Baked Salmon with Cilantro”
Slow cookers are great for so many different recipes as well as very convenient. Being able to toss together some ingredients, flip it on low before leaving for work and coming home to a nice hot meal is probably my favorite thing about them. By using a couple different sized slow cookers together you can really make some awesome combinations for meals, desserts or appetizers. Asking a friend, neighbor or doing a quick Internet search will bring hundreds of yummy recipes for you to try.
One of my all time favorite desserts is apple crisp. I decided to try making apple crisp in a slow cooker and thought my co-workers would be the perfect taste testers. Since the recipe only takes about 3 hours to cook, we had it for an afternoon treat. The slow cooker was cleaned out within minutes! I’d say it was a hit. The Four Brothers Caramel Dip drizzled over the top really made it a homerun.
Here’s how I made it:
- 8 Apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- ¾ Cup Flour
- ¾ Cup Oatmeal
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 Container Four Brothers Caramel Dip
- Spray medium slow cooker with non-stick spray and add sliced apples. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top and stir to coat evenly.
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients, except for the caramel, cutting in butter with a pastry blender until you get pea size pieces of butter. (Or cut butter into small pieces by hand and stir into dry mix.)
- Spread mixture on top of apples coating evenly. Cook on high for 2 hours checking occasionally and pulling edges in if needed to prevent burning. Turn slow cooker to low for 1 more hour or until cooked thoroughly.
- When turning apple crisp to low, take the small slow cooker to warm up the Four Brothers Caramel Dip for drizzle. Warming time will vary depending on style of crockpot and amount of caramel.
Here are some other combinations to inspire you when using a large and small slow cooker duo:
Breakfast Casserole with Hollandaise Sauce
Cinnamon Rolls with Cinnamon Apple Glaze
Taco Meat with Melted Cheese Sauce
Roast Beef with Au Jus
Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
Steak with Mushrooms
Baked Potato with Broccoli Cheese Sauce
Chicken Breast with Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Peach Cobbler with Caramel
Sundae Cake with Hot Fudge
Cheesecake with Berry Sauce
Meatballs with BBQ Sauce
Shrimp with Melted Garlic Butter
Experiment with different combinations to create the perfect dish for your family and friends.
Have fun and happy slow cooking!
Coborn’s Inc. Graphic Designer