Welcome back! I’ve said it time and time again, I’m a busy woman. When I get home from work I don’t always have time to spend hours in the kitchen, and I have a feeling there are those of you out there who feel the same. So, I came across this quick 30 minute meal that I just had to share. It’s not only quick, but it is delicious and a nice healthy meal I can feed my family in under a half an hour. Try it and comment to my blog, I would love to hear what you think!
Crafted in the French tradition from 100% cow’s milk, it’s soft and creamy with a mild taste and snow-white, edible rind. As one of our most multifaceted cheeses, add it to a cheese plate, bake it for a warm snack or include it in a torte to complement the sweetness of fruit. The white rind protects the paste inside as it ripens and becomes more creamy and flavorful. Continue reading “Cheese Of The Month: President Brie”
It’s rhubarb season and that is definitely an exciting season around here. Instead of the same old rhubarb crisp recipe that everyone makes year after year it is time to put an adult twist on an old time classic. The name of the upgrade game is RumChata! Continue reading “RumChata Rhubarb Crisp”
Here is a great quick and easy recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. Very hearty and tasty and the pork chops are so tender. Enjoy!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- ⅓ Cup Chicken Broth
- 4 Oz. Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Chives
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper; add to skillet.
- Cook about 10 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees.
- Add broth and cream cheese to warm skillet and whisk together for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Stir in chives and mix together.
- Spoon sauce over pork chops.
It’s getting warmer every day and when I’m thinking of a cheese to snack on or to top my favorite sandwich I reach for the Coborn’s May “Cheese of the Month”, Castello Havarti. This semi soft cheese has a buttery, creamy taste and a mellow aroma. It’s a versatile, gourmet cheese that’s easy to cook with and delicious as a snack.
Havarti originated in Denmark in the 1800’s and is named for Havartigaard, the dairy where it was invented. Castello master Danish cheese makers continue this proud tradition, and today Havarti is favored around the world by home cooks and professional chefs alike.
To give your favorite dishes a twist, try Castello Havarti Creamy:
- As a Snack, sliced in sticks and drizzled with honey, preserves or chutney
- On a Gourmet sandwich, such as a Panini, grilled cheese or slider
- In Comfort Food, such as macaroni and cheese or French onion soup
- On a Cheese Board, with subtly sweet and savory pairings
- Pairs well with Pinot Noir, Pilsner or sparking apple cider
Or you can try this creamy, delicious recipe I have provided for you here.
Cauliflower Macaroni & Havarti Cheese
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Mascarpone
- 1 Cup Castello® Creamy Havarti
- To Taste Hot Sauce
- ½ Cup Chives, finely chopped
- ½ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt to water.
- Place cauliflower florets to the water and cook until tender but still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well, pat dry and set aside.
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- While preheating oven, in a 2-quart sauce pan add the cream, salt, pepper and hot sauce to the pan and bring it to simmer on medium heat.
- Reduce the cream by ⅓, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in Mascarpone and Havarti.
- Keep the sauce at a simmer, the sauce will be slightly thickened at this point.
- Add in cauliflower and chives, stirring well to coat the cauliflower.
- Pour into oven-proof dish and top with breadcrumbs in an even layer.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from the broiler and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
So when you are trying to come up with a tasty cheese that will tantalize your taste buds, try our May “Cheese of the Month” Castello Havarti!
Coborn’s, Inc. Director of Deli
Click Here for more articles written by Kevin