We are right in the middle of Lent and aren’t we always looking for some great fish or seafood recipe that we can serve our family or guests for dinner on a Friday evening? I started digging through my books and books of recipes that I have collected over the years and I found one that my mom used to make for us when we had family dinners. This is a recipe you could use even for cod, but I chose salmon just because of it being my favorite and my family’s also. Continue reading “Baked Salmon with Cilantro”
Wow! These are the best for that summer grilling party! If you like a little zip in your wings these were awesome. The flavor is outstanding with the mixture of fresh cilantro, chili sauce and lime. Enjoy… I did! Continue reading “Weekly Ad Recipe – Spicy Thai Chicken Wings”
If you like tuna on the grill you are going to love this recipe. Adding the salsa to this recipe puts it over the top. The flavor of lime juice, cilantro and a little spice from the jalapeño is fantastic! Enjoy… I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat And Seafood Merchandiser
- 1-1/2 Lbs. Fresh Tuna Steaks
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 2 tsp. Chili Oil
- 2 T. Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 Kiwi Fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 Med. Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 T. Lime Juice
- 2 T. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- In small glass dish, mix remaining tuna ingredients.
- Add tuna; turn to coat with marinade.
- Cover; refrigerate, turning once, at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours to marinade.
- In medium bowl, mix all salsa ingredients; refrigerate.
- Spray grill rack with cooking spray.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Remove tuna from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place tuna on the grill.
- Cover grill; cook over medium heat 11 to 15 minutes brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once until internal temperature of tuna reaches 145 degrees.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Top tuna with salsa.
Hello again, I am just returning from being on the road for three weeks in one of our stores helping set up their meat and seafood department. As I was working I discovered a new hidden goodie and was so excited about it that I couldn’t wait to share with you.
It’s called Bumble Bee Super Fresh Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub. If you love Sushi, you are going to love this product! It’s like having a Sushi Chef right in your own home.
The Ahi Tuna is Wild Caught, quick seared to lock in the freshness, seasoned with olive oil, sea salt, peppercorn and garlic powder and the fillets are thinly sliced and vacuum-packed for freshness. It’s so easy all you have to do is place it in the refrigerator, thaw and then it is ready to serve.
Here are a couple ways I have discovered to serve this product.
Toss it in a quick salad with fresh greens and top with ginger dressing.
Fold, place on a cracker and top with fresh chopped cilantro or bean sprouts and a drizzle of hoisin sauce, soy sauce or wasabi.
The crackers make an awesome appetizer for those great summer grilling parties or elegant appetizers for the holidays this December. Now grab your favorite glass of wine, sit down and relax and enjoy….I did!
Coborn’s, Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
Click Here for more articles written by Jayne
Have you ever had a “go to recipe” when you are in a hurry or find out on the spur of the moment that guests are coming to visit? Well, this is my “go to recipe” and I love it. It couldn’t get any easier or quicker to do this refreshing appetizer. A splash of lime flavor, a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, and oooh la la! This is a great spring recipe to serve for your Easter guests or those summertime backyard parties. Enjoy….I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Lime Zest
- 1 T. Lime juice
- ½ Lb. Cooked Shrimp, coarsely chopped (remove tail)
- 24 Snack Crackers
- ¼ Cup Tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 T. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Spoon on crackers; top with tomatoes and cilantro.