Have I ever told you how much I love walleye? Besides salmon, walleye is my second love. My favorite fish to catch and one of my favorite fish to prepare and eat. If you don’t have the resources or time to catch fish the next best thing is to stop into anyone of our Coborn’s stores and check with the Meat Manager on availability. The walleye in the case are so fresh you don’t have to go fishing to have the best quality. I picked up some walleye the other day to made this recipe and it was outstanding. The pecan flavored butter prepared with the walleye put this fish over the top. It’s such a quick and easy recipe to put together. This will definitely be on my plate again in the near future! Enjoy….I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 2 T. Butter, softened
- 1 tsp. Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 tsp. Orange Juice
- ¼ Cup Chopped Pecans
- Two 6 Oz. Walleye Fillets
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- Sprinkle Of Pepper
- Heat grill.
- Cut one 12 inch square piece of heavy-duty foil.
- With tip of sharp knife cut 2 inch slits every 2 inches across foil.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine butter, chives, orange juice and 2 tablespoons of the pecans; mix well.
- When ready to grill, place foil on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals.
- Sprinkle walleye fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place fillets on foil; cook 8 to 12 min. until internal temperature of fish reaches 145 degrees.
- During last minute of cooking time, top fillets with pecan butter.
- Remove fillets from heat; place on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons pecans.