These burgers are awesome and so easy to make on the grill. Serve with some fresh corn-on-the cob and some fresh fruit and you have a party. Enjoy!!! Continue reading “Weekly Ad Recipe – Caesar Burgers”
You have heard the saying “A way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” Well here at Coborn’s, we couldn’t agree more!
So for this Father’s Day, treat your Dad to some Gourmet Four Brothers Favorites! We have assembled 6 great gifts for Dad, that he will love and enjoy. Best of all, you can get everything in one quick stop at Coborn’s! Keep scrolling and learn how to make these great gifts for your Dad.
Gourmet BLT Bundle
What Dad doesn’t love a great sandwich? This gift features two amazing Four Brothers items among other items Dad will use to create a Gourmet BLT. This gift includes…
- Four Brothers Wholesome Harvest Bread
Soft, delicious and packed with nutritious oats and grains.
- Four Brothers Bacon
This flavorful bacon is available in Original, Smokey BBQ, Raspberry Chipotle and Apple Cinnamon.
- Frying Pan
- Fresh Greens
- Fresh Tomato
Or you could purchase a tomato container from our seasonal aisle.
Gourmet Snack Bowl
It is snack season! Whether it is taking snacks in the boat for fishing or packing snacks in a bag for a hike, Dad’s everywhere seem to enjoy a flavor-filled snack! This gift is filled with all unique and tasty treats. No boring flavors here! This gift includes…
- Ripples Bacon Cheeseburger Slider chips
Also available in Onion Blossom, Buffalo Wing and Blue Cheese, Jalapeno Poppers and Chicken Artichoke Flatbread. No dip needed for these savory chips.
- Coborn’s Signature Smokehouse Smoked Beef Sticks
Also available in Wild Rice, Habanero, Cheddar, Teriyaki and more.
- Coborn’s Signature Smokehouse Smoke Beef Strips
- Four Brothers Cheezy Garlic Loaf
I have not heard one person speak an ill word of this bread. Break it apart and throw it in the oven to warm it up or eat it as is, Dad will enjoy it, guaranteed!
- Krave Sweet Chipotle Beef Jerky
Also available in Basil Citrus and Black Cherry BBQ.
- Planters Salted Caramel Peanuts
Many other Planters Peanut flavors available, such as Classic, Cocoa, Chipotle, Chili Lime and Sea Salt & Vinegar.
Gourmet Burger Basket
This basket will have your Dad’s mouth watering in seconds. Our Gourmet Four Brothers Beef Patties are so great. They are a half-pound each and come in a variety of flavors including Original, Mushroom Swiss, Cheddar Bacon, Cheddar Swiss, Blue Cheese, Jalapeno Pepper, Philly Cheese and Bacon Onion Cheddar. This gift includes…
- 4-Four Brothers Gourmet Beef Patties
- Four Telera Buns
Make sure to get some big buns for these big burgers!
- Mr Bar.B.Q Stuffed Burger Press
Find this in the seasonal aisle at Coborn’s
- Party Pack of Heinz Ketchup, Mustard & Mayonnaise
Some other things you could add to this basket would be, fresh onion, pickles, tomato, or anything else your Dad would enjoy on his burger, even though you really don’t need to add anything to these tasty burgers.
Our Four Brothers Flame-Seared Ribs are fully cooked and ready to eat. Simply throw them on the grill and heat them up. They are phenomenal! This gift includes…
- Full-Rack Four Brothers Flame-Seared Ribs
- Mr. Bar.B.Q Rib Rack
Find this in the seasonal aisle at Coborn’s
Caramel Apple Sundae
Our Four Brothers Creamy Caramel dip pairs great with a Granny Smith Apple, add a little ice cream… now that is a dessert! This gift includes…
- Four Brothers Creamy Caramel Dip
- Fresh Granny Smith Apple
- Pint Kemps Vanilla Ice Cream
This gift is great the way it is. However, if you want to add a little more, we suggest an apple slicer, ice cream scoop and a new Sundae glass.
Last but not least is the grilling pack featuring Four Brothers spices. The best part about this one? You can click here and register to WIN it! Enter up to one time per day, June 14-18, 2015. One random winner will be drawn on Friday, June 19th. If you don’t win, you can still assemble this gift by purchasing these items at Coborn’s. This gift includes…
- Four Brothers Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Four Brothers Porketta Seasoning
- Four Brothers BBQ Rib Rub
Find all of these seasoning in the Coborn’s Meat Department
- Mr. Bar.B.Q Sure Grip Spatula
- Mr. Bar.B.Q Sure Grip Tongs
- Mr. Bar.B.Q Grill Brush with Scraper
- Mr. Bar.B.Q Stuffed Burger Press
- Mr. Bar.B.Q Bamboo Skewers
Find these accessories in the Coborn’s seasonal aisle.
There you have it, six Gourmet Father’s Day Gift Ideas for Dad! Dads have everything they need, give him something he can enjoy! And hey, if you are a Dad, don’t forget to share this blog so your kids get the hint!
You may have heard that beans are good for you! I’m here to reiterate that message and put some extra emphasis on that statement. Beans are AMAZING for you and you should try to incorporate them as often as possible.
Why? Beans are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and iron. They are unique from other proteins sources such as animal products because they have fiber – a nutrient that is lacking from the average American diet. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, my favorite benefit, they are so cheap! People tell me all the time, I can’t afford to eat healthy because it costs more! Not always the case and here is a great example of that – I’m referring to chickpeas (garbanzo beans), black beans, navy beans, pinto beans, cannellini beans, aduki beans and kidney beans NOT green beans.
Buying a variety is best as they have slightly different nutrients and different tastes so it depends on the recipe and what the recipe calls for.
As far as nutrition it is best to buy beans in all different forms canned and dried. Note that canned is just as nutritious as dried. The main concern will be the added sodium, but if you buy no salt added or reduced sodium that takes care of the salt. Even if you buy regular canned beans, draining and rinsing the beans for 2-4 minutes reduces the sodium by up to 41%. Buying canned is so much more convenient as you don’t have to cook them and you will probably eat them more often thus reaping their nutritional benefits as compared to if you have to cook them each time.
Here are my top 5 ways to add more beans to your diet!
Here are a few of my favorite recipes to get you started! And, of course, I had to add the recipe for black bean brownies!
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
- 15 Oz. Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 T. Canola Oil
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp. Peppermint Extract (optional)
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ Cup Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil or coat an 8×8-inch baking pan or dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the black beans in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peppermint extract if desired, baking powder and salt.
- Process until smooth.
- Add ¼ cup of the chips and pulse a few times until the chips are incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a rubber spatula and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan before slicing into 2-inch squares.
Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and Mango
- 1 Mango, peeled and diced small
- 1 Red Pepper, seeded and diced as small as you can get it
- 1 Cup Scallion, chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 T. Grapeseed Oil
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups Quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1½ Cups Black Beans, drained and rinsed (a 15-ounce can)
- Combine mango, red pepper, scallions, and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Add the red wine vinegar, grapeseed oil, and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the quinoa and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Fold in the black beans.
- Serve immediately or let it sit for a bit to let the flavors meld.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 15 oz. Can Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans, rinsed
- ⅓ Cup Tahini
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- ½-3/4 Cup Roasted Red Peppers
- In a food processor, combine beans, tahini, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Add red peppers and garlic until desired consistency.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve warm or cold with pita bread or toasted pita chips or fresh vegetables.
Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
- 1 (15 oz) Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ Cup Quinoa
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Yellow Bell Pepper, minced
- 2 T. Minced Onion
- 1 Large Clove Garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp. Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Hot Pepper Sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®)
- 1 Egg
- 3 T. Olive Oil
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Mix quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, hot pepper sauce, and egg into the black beans using your hands.
- Form black bean mixture into 5 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Peace and Wellness,
Coborn’s, Inc. Supermaket Registered Dietitian
Click Here for more articles written by Ashley
The more recipes with turkey I try, the more I like it. These burgers are awesome on the grill. I love the flavor of the Parmesan cheese with the hint of chives. This is a quick and easy recipe to put together for those backyard barbecues. Enjoy…I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 1 Lb. Ground turkey
- ⅓ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Dried Chives
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- 4 Hamburger Buns, split
- Red Onion Rings, optional
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In medium bowl mix all ingredients except buns and onions.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, about ½” thick.
- Carefully brush vegetable oil on grill rack.
- Place patties on grill rack over medium heat.
- Cover grill; cook patties 12 to 15 minutes, turning once and until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Add buns, cut sides down, to side of grill for last 4 minutes of grilling.
- Serve patties on buns with grilled or raw onion rings.
Burgers just got juicier! Hellmann’s® doesn’t just go on top of this burger. It’s mixed in it.
- ½ Cup Hellman's Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef or Turkey
- ½ Cup Plain Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 Envelope Liption Receipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
- 8 Hamburger Buns
- Combine Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise with ground beef or turkey, bread crumbs and soup mix in a large bowl
- Shape into 8 patties
- Grill or broil until done
- Arrange burgers on buns