I would like to introduce you to Pints and Plates®, which is a beer and food pairing brand backed by 2 Master Cicerones. They share the passion for pairing beer with a variety of cheese, foods and recipes. Continue reading “Beer and Cheese Tasting Party!”
If you ever get time to visit Pinterest you have probably see Overnight Oats. Delicious and healthy morning breakfast ideas, made at night to enjoy in the morning. Simply layer 1/2 cup of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats and 1/2 cup of low-fat milk or juice, that will do the trick and the rest is just whatever else you want to eat with your oatmeal in the morning. Below are four delicious Overnight Oats recipes for you to try. Give ’em a shot and let us know what you think, or let us know what other combinations you have tried and enjoyed.
We are past the 4th of July and that tells me that summer is already half over. Yikes! If you have to find a positive in that news however, here’s the best part… We are going right into the middle of all our garden growing and now is the time that we can start to enjoy the “fruits of our labor”. Or in this case, the blueberries of our labor! Is that yummy or what? I get so excited about this time of year because there is nothing quite like fresh fruit or vegetables from the garden. Continue reading “National Blueberry Month”
- 17 Oz. Angel Food Cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Lb. Fresh Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 Lb. Fresh Blueberries
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 T. Sugar
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 2- 8 oz. Cream Cheese,
- pkgs. Softened
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- In a measuring cup, combine water, 2 T. sugar and lemon juice and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- With mixer on, pour in heavy cream, then turn mixer to medium/high and continue beating until consistency of whipped cream.
- Add vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Place ⅓ of angel food cake into the bottom of a trifle dish and brush with ⅓ of lemon syrup.
- Add ⅓ of cream and loosely spread it over cake pieces.
- Add ½ of the strawberries.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients (adding ½ of the blueberries for the second fruit layer).
- Frost the top with last ⅓ of cream and decorate with remaining fruit.
These grab-n-go Mini Yogurt Parfaits are too good to resist. With a delicious homemade graham cracker crust, your favorite yogurt flavor, plus a delicious topping of your choice we promise you won’t be able to eat just one!
Although these treats can make a perfect handout at a holiday party, you can also freeze these tasty treats and place them in Ziploc Freezer bags until you’re ready to eat them! Your friends and coworkers will be jealous when they see you snacking on these beautiful Mini Yogurt Parfaits!
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 1½ Cups Graham Crackers, crushed
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 6 T. Butter, melted
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- Yogurt cups, your choice of flavors
- Toppings: Examples: Berries, banana slices, mint leaves, chocolates, etc.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and cinnamon until well blended.
- Place mixture in muffin tin or mini-muffin tin liners.
- Using a spoon, add yogurt to each cup until they are about ¾ of the way full.
- Add fresh berries, mint leaves, candies, chocolates or other combinations to decorate your parfaits.
- Freeze your cups until yogurt is firm (about 1-2 hours.)