Well the evening has finally arrived for my son’s Groom’s Dinner and I wanted to invite you along to take a sneak peak into this evening’s event! You were there with us through the Bridal Shower video in May, so I wanted to share the ideas with you that I came up with for the Grooms Dinner. I really took the time to plan this out because I wanted to make this event extremely special for my son and his future bride – My soon to be daughter-in-law!! Continue reading “DIY Backyard Dinner Party”
There is the winter season, holiday season, hunting season and fishing season but let’s not forget about football season! It’s time to start planning for the championship football game party and I’m here to help. I have some quick and easy recipes that I would love to share with you, just in time for kickoff!
Now if you know me I like to change things up and not always do the same old, same old when it comes to party food. So I found this recipe for cocktail smokies that doesn’t call for BBQ sauce and instead uses pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and mustard. This gives those smokies a sweet and sour flavor and they are truly awesome.
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 T. Flour
- 2 tsp. Ground Mustard
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ Cup White Vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Packages Cocktail Smokies
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and mustard.
- Gradually stir in the pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add sausages; stir to coat.
- Cook, uncovered until heated through.
Next I didn’t want to just do cocktail shrimp with cocktail sauce. I wanted to change up the flavor and wow did I find some great flavor in these luscious little guys. The secret is adding horseradish to cream cheese and parmesan cheese and stuffing them in the shrimp. They are so good and they make a beautiful presentation at any kind of party you may have.
- 4 Oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 tsp. Prepared Horseradish
- 1 T. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Lb. Cooked Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Dried Parsley
- Seafood Cocktail Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish and parmesan cheese until blended.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a re-sealable plastic bag; add cream cheese mixture to bag.
- Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves as shown in the video.
- Pipe about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into each shrimp. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with seafood sauce if desired.
My third recipe is really good if you are a pizza fan, and truthfully, who doesn’t like pizza? Just melt cream cheese and add pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni and you have the best pizza dip in town! Now just cut up some French bread in cubes and serve them as a dipper for this pizza dip. Yummy!!!
- 8 Oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 8Ooz. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Can Pizza Sauce
- ½ Cup Ripe Olives, choppped
- 1 Cup Sliced Pepperoni, chopped
- In a large pot, melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together.
- Next add the pizza sauce, ripe olives and chopped pepperoni then mix all together.
- To keep warm place in slow cooker.
- Serve with cubed French bread or crackers.
I don’t think I could ever have a party without Guacamole Dip, it’s just not in me. I absolutely love the stuff and I am so excited to tell everyone that we now have a “new” Guacamole Dip called “Crazy Fresh” and that is exactly what it is, so FRESH! It’s just like homemade. This is probably the best Guacamole Dip I have ever had and the best part is I don’t have to make it. It’s ready to serve.
Now if you are like me you don’t always have time to fit homemade baking into your busy schedule. So just stop by any Coborn’s Bakery and pick up some party snack mix. The mix comes in a football size tray that will look great on your party table.
Pick up a package of football cupcakes from the Coborn’s Bakery and be assured that all of your guests with a sweet tooth will be taken care of throughout the entire game.
Good luck to your team and enjoy these delicious appetizers!!
Wow! What a year! 2015 is almost over and I’m looking forward to 2016 and wondering what new adventures await us all.
Have you started planning your New Year’s Eve party? Well I have got some great and very simple recipes that are going to make your life so much easier and your party planning a huge success. Here are the items that I put together that I think you will enjoy.
Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Smokies
- 2 Packages of Coborn’s Signature Cocktail Smokies
- 1 Lb. Four Brothers Smokehouse Bacon
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the one pound package of bacon and slice into thirds.
- Then wrap each piece of bacon around each Cocktail Smokie and use a toothpick to secure.
- Place them in a 9x13 glass dish.
- Sprinkle with ¾-cup brown sugar over the top of the wraps and bake for 40 minutes.
Maryland Crab Cakes
You can find these in the Frozen Seafood Case in the Meat Department. All you have to do is place them on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes and then they are ready to serve. They are great as an appetizers cut into quarters or you can serve them as a main entrée.
Cream Cheese & Tomato Dip
- 12 oz. Jimmy Dean’s Original Sausage
- 2-8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 10 oz. Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- Tortilla Chips
- In a small frying pan chop up sausage into small pieces and heat until sausage is completely cooked; drain.
- Add tomatoes and both 8 oz. packages of cream cheese and heat, stirring occasionally until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with your Tortilla Chips.
Coborn’s Signature Meatballs
These are awesome and the best part is they are fully cooked. How easy is that? Here is all I did to put this quick appetizer together.
- 10 Oz. Grape Jelly
- ¼ Cup Chili Sauce
- 2 T. Prepared Mustard
- Mix these three items together in a large bowl and then put in a dutch oven.
- Then add the fully cooked meatballs into this sauce and heat them all together for about 30 minutes and they are ready to eat!
Scrumptious Chicken Wings
Here are the quickest and easiest chicken wings I have ever made and my entire family loves them. All I did was purchase what is called “ Fryin Magic” my new best friend. I then placed my chicken wings and some of the Fryin Magic in a Ziploc bag and shook them together. I then sprayed a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray before I placed the chicken in the glass dish. Then in a 350 oven I baked them for 1 hour, turning them once after the first 30 minutes. Now if you like a little spice I did sprinkle Cayenne Pepper over the top to give it just a little spice but you don’t have to because Fryin Magic has wonderful spices already in it.
Rutherford & Mayer Fruit Paste
I’m so excited to introduce you to this new product that has just arrived in our Deli’s. It is Fruit Paste and it is 100 pure fruit. They have several flavors but I wanted to use the Pear flavor just because that is my favorite. This is so easy just pair it with a sharp cheddar cheese. Slice the cheese and place it on an artisan cracker and then slice the fruit paste and place on top of the cheese. What an easy sweet appetizer and oh will you enjoy this.
Me’nage ‘a Trois
This wine has got to be my all-time favorite wine and I do love my selection of wines. This is a red wine from California and if you are not a red wine drinker you are in luck because they also have a white wine. This wine is a fresh, ripe, jamlike fruit flavor. Add a little cheese, a little cocktail shrimp with this wine and I guarantee that you will enjoy a very magical night.
I hope your New Year’s Eve parties are a huge success and have a very Happy New Year and we will see you in 2016!!!
Coborn’s, Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
Click Here for more articles written by Jayne
How to Use the CobornsDelivers Mobile Apps
With the CobornsDelivers Mobile Grocer you can shop any time – from anywhere.
To get started, download the app through the App store for your iPhone or iPad or go to the Android Marketplace for your Droid device. Log in using your CobornsDelivers user name and password. If you don’t have an account you’ll be asked to create one. Watch our video to see the app in action. Continue reading “How to Use the CobornsDelivers Mobile App”
Let’s face it, this summer is going to feel pretty short after the winter and spring we’ve had in Minnesota. Do you really want to be spending any more time than you have to worrying about groceries? No! You want to be with the kids at the park, taking an extra turn around the lake on your boat, biking just a little bit longer or just hanging out in your yard. The average trip to the grocery store is about 20 minutes – and that doesn’t include the time it took you to get to the store and home again. Continue reading “Enjoy Your Summer”