This soup was great and the fresh cod was wonderful. This is a great meal to serve during lent for your family on those cold winter nights. Just make sure to place the entire fillet of fish in the soup instead of cutting it up ahead of time. That way as it cooks it will break apart on its own and you have nice size chunks of fish for your soup. Enjoy….I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 2 tsp. Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup Onion, chopped
- ½ Cup Celery, chopped
- 2 Cups Frozen Potatoes O’Brien, with onions and peppers
- 1 Can Cream Style Sweet Corn
- 1-3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1-1/2 Lb. Fresh Cod
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp. Corn Starch
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in potatoes, corn and broth.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add whole fish fillets.
- Cover; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- In measuring cup, mix milk and cornstarch; stir into chowder.
- Cook; stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.