Easter is almost here! Everyone looks forward to the Easter Ham, but don’t forget about the rest of the week. Here’s a few ideas that are great for holiday company.
Start the day off right with bacon, eggs and breakfast potatoes.
Lasagna is a great idea for any night of the week.
This week’s Dietitian’s Choice recipe is easy to customize to suit your family’s taste.
- 3 Oz. Cooked Lean Beef (Top Sirloin Steak, Strip Steak, Tenderloin Steak or Flank Steak), cut into slices
- 3 Cups Mixed Salad Greens or Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- ½ Cup Assorted Vegetables (Shredded Carrots, Sliced Cucumber, Grape Tomatoes, Sliced Radish, Sugar Snap Peas)
- ¼ Cup Cooked Small Pasta, Rinsed Drained Chickpeas or Great Northern Beans
- ¼ Cup Greek or Plain Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 tsp Honey
- ⅛-1/4 tsp Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- ⅛ tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Orange Juice
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- Combine dressing ingredients in bottom of medium container or small bowl with lid.
- Layer salad greens, vegetables, pasta or beans and beef on top of dressing. Close lid securely or cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Before serving, shake covered container to coat salad well.