Romance is in the air! Here’s some great ideas for Valentine’s Day dinner with your sweetheart!
This makes a great Valentine’s Dinner. Watch the video for this recipe on Jayne’s blog here!
- 16 oz. Norwegian Salmon with skin on
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Olive Oil
- ⅔ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 large strawberries, sliced
- ½ shallot, sliced
- 1 bag mixed greens
- 4 large strawberries, sliced
- 4 Tbsp Feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spread with olive oil over the top. Rub salmon skin with same oil and place it skin side down on prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- In saucepan put in balsamic vinegar, add in brown sugar and stir together. Slice strawberries and shallots, and add them to balsamic vinegar. Simmer, stirring often until it's cooked down to half the amount. Remove from heat. Brush salmon with balsamic glaze on top and sides. Bake salmon for 13-16 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon but make sure the internal temperature of salmon reaches at least at 145 degrees. Take salmon out and brush it generously with more balsamic glaze.
- Arrange spring mix, sliced strawberries, thinly sliced shallots and Feta cheese crumbles on a dish. Place salmon on top of salad and drizzle a little balsamic glaze on salad.
Don’t forget about the rest of the week! Pick up a 2 piece chicken meal from our Chicken Shack for a quick, tasty meal.
Celebrate the Chinese New Year with all your favorites like egg rolls, chow mein, orange chicken and most importantly, fortune cookies!
Here’s a great recipe to make your mornings easy breezy! Bonus – It’s Dietitian Approved!
- 2 cups 2% milk or milk of your choice
- 1-1/2 cup regular cooking oats
- 1 medium sized ripe banana, cut into chunks
- ½ cup California walnuts, chopped
- 3 T dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium sized ripe banana, sliced
- 2 T. dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup California walnuts, chopped
- Add milk, oats, banana, walnuts, chocolate chips and vanilla extract equally to four mason jars. Cover and shake jars to combine ingredients. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with banana slices, chocolate chips and walnuts.