More tasty meal ideas for the whole family!
Here’s a hearty recipe that’s easy to prepare and tastes great!
- 8 ounces (1-1/2 cups) brown lentils
- 4 carrots, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 pieces (3-1/2 pounds) Gold'n Plump® Bone-In Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat 13” x 9” baking pan with cooking spray.
- Put lentils in colander and rinse to remove dust; also pick through and discard any shriveled ones.
- Transfer lentils to a large bowl; stir in carrots, onion, and garlic.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan. Stir in chicken broth.
- Arrange chicken over lentils. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until lentils are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked and pierces easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle servings with parsley.
Sloppy Joes are always a great option for busy nights. Toss in some fries or tater tots with a side of your favorite veggie!
Mexican style foods are always great… change up the tacos with this awesome burrito.
- 1½ pound lean ground beef
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbls. chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 can (16-oz.) ORTEGA Refried Beans
- 1 can (7-oz.) ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- 8 ozs. tomato sauce
- 12 (8-in.) flour tortillas
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 avocados, pitted peeled and mashed
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until brown, drain excess fat. Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, chili powder, garlic and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes, blending well.
- PREHEAT oven to 375?F.
- FILL each tortilla with a layer of refried beans, a sprinkling of green chili peppers, a heaping tablespoon of tomato sauce and a small portion of ground beef. Roll up, burrito-style and place seam side down in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. When tortillas are filled, sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- BAKE for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately with shredded lettuce, mashed avocados, sour cream and black olives.