More delicious meal ideas to tempt your taste buds!
Serve over rice with wontons and an egg roll. Don’t forget the fortune cookies!
Asian Style Ribs
- 2½-3 lbs pork ribs
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp ginger, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, diced
- Fill large pot halfway full with water. Stir in vinegar and 2 tsp of salt, then add ribs. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar, ketchup, lemon juice, honey, ginger and garlic.
- Place cooked ribs in large ziplock bag and pour in marinade. Marinate for 4-6 hours, turning occasionally to mix.
- Barbecue the ribs till slightly charred, reserving marinade.
- In medium saucepan, bring marinade to a boil, then reduce heat and let thicken.
- Drizzle over ribs. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onion, if desired.
Add a side of your favorite steamed veggies.
Italian Ground Beef Braid
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup garlic-flavored tomato pasta sauce
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high for 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Remove skillet from heat.
- Separate dough from both cans into 8 rectangles. Place rectangles on sprayed cookie sheets. Firmly press perforations to seal forming 8 (6x4-inch) rectangles.
- Spoon about ⅓ cup beef mixture in 1½-inch lengthwise strip down center of each dough rectangle. Top each with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on each side of beef mixture. Alternately cross strips over filling.
- Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching cookie sheets halfway through baking time.
You can’t go wrong with a good bowl of soup and your favorite sandwich.
Leave a comment