Looking for some variety in your dinners? Here’s some ideas to mix things up!
Add sautéed bell peppers and mushrooms for added flavor!
Serve with a side of Spanish style rice. Don’t forget the chips and salsa!
This meal is perfect for cold winter nights. Serve with side salad and breadsticks.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- ½ Lb. fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In large saucepan, combine first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 min.
- In Dutch oven or large pot, melt butter then stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 min.
- Whisk in soup, then add rice and chicken. Heat through.