Looking for a great new recipe? Or maybe something quick you can pick up on your way home from work? You’ve come to the right place!
We’re very excited to kick off 2018 with our brand new section… Make it a Meal!
Each week we will add more great meal ideas! Check back every Sunday for new posts!
Serve with fresh steamed veggies, rice or pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 to 4 (1 pound) Gold'n Plump® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans
- ½ cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons capers, dried and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned but not cooked through.
- Add green beans, chicken broth, garlic, and tarragon; continue to cook, stirring vegetables occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add tomatoes, capers, salt, and pepper; stir until thoroughly heated.
- Serve chicken topped with a helping of vegetables and juices.
This is a quick, easy option to grab on the way home. Don’t forget the side salad and bread sticks!
Top with sour cream, salsa or fresh sliced avocados.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, 93% lean
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped thinly
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 T. concentrated tomato paste
- 2 T. basil
- 1 T. oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded fontina or monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brown ground beef in a large fry pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until cooked almost through. Add mushrooms, corn, celery, onion and garlic and cook until vegetables are softened. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and chopped parsley and cook for another 5 minutes or until rice is warmed through.
- Meanwhile, cut off tops of peppers and spoon out ribs and seeds, then rinse. Lightly sprinkle the inside of the peppers with salt and place in microwave safe dish with ¼ cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Transfer to a 3-quart baking dish and fill peppers with hot meat and rice mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle tops with cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted. Serve hot.