One of my favorite things when looking through recipes or cookbooks are entrees that take less than 30 minutes to make and serve. When I found one I’m all over it. Well I found one the other day that peaked my interest and when I made it the recipe was not only a WOW but is now on my list for top favorites especially if you love sundried tomatoes and basil pesto which I personally love to devour. So here is a great 30-minute meal that you and your family can enjoy and it’s great for those weeknight meals when you don’t have a lot of time.
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, sliced into strips
- ⅓ Cup Bruschetta Sundried Tomato
- 1 lb. Fresh Asparagus, ends trimmed and then cut in half
- ¼ Cup Basil Pesto
- 1 Cup Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, add sliced chicken thighs. Season chicken generously with salt, add Bruschetta sundried tomatoes and cook everything on medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked thorough and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken from skillet temporarily.
- Add asparagus to skillet and cook on medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and then add the basil pesto and mix together.
- Heat on low medium heat until chicken is reheated 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the tomatoes and stir together.
- Place asparagus onto a serving plate with the chicken and you are ready to enjoy.
Just to add more excitement to this dish I added some flavored rice along with it and it pushed it over the edge! I know not only will I be saving myself some time with it being such an easy quick recipe but I am going to enjoy it several times because I love it!!
See you in a couple weeks, Enjoy!
Coborn’s, Inc. Merchandising Specialist Team Manager – Bakery & Deli
Click Here for more blogs written by Jayne