It’s the first of the year where we set our new resolutions and start those dreaded diets. I actually look forward to starting a diet because I know the results always make me feel so much better and I have so much more energy.
I’m always looking for some new healthy recipes and the first place I look is for a great easy recipe using fish. So many people tell me they avoid making fish because they feel it’s too difficult to make because they never know how long to cook it and end up over cooking it. Well I’m here to tell you that fish is one of the easiest entrée’s to prepare.
Since we are talking fish and you know how absolutely crazy I am over salmon especially Norwegian Salmon I couldn’t help myself and just had to share this recipe with you. It is so yummy and it has such a sweet citrus flavor that pairs so well with salmon. I made this last night for dinner and it was actually very hard to walk away but as you all know it’s all about portion control so I saved the rest for the next day.
- ¼ Cup Orange Marmalade
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Dried Basil Leaves
- 4 – 6 oz. Salmon Fillets
- ½ tsp. Garlic-Pepper Spice Blend
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, combine marmalade, lemon juice and basil; mix well.
- Spray glass baking dish with cooking spray and place salmon skin side down in dish then sprinkle with garlic-pepper blend and salt.
- Bake salmon for 4-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush salmon with marmalade mixture.
- Return to oven and continue to cook 8 additional minutes, until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches at least 145°F.
Coborn’s, Inc. Merchandising Specialist Team Manager – Bakery & Deli
Click Here for more blogs written by Jayne.