Crafted in the French tradition from 100% cow’s milk, it’s soft and creamy with a mild taste and snow-white, edible rind. As one of our most multifaceted cheeses, add it to a cheese plate, bake it for a warm snack or include it in a torte to complement the sweetness of fruit. The white rind protects the paste inside as it ripens and becomes more creamy and flavorful.
Champagne, Cru Beaujolais, Sauvignon Blanc, Syrah, Pinot Noir
Fruits, honey, charcuterie, quince, pine nuts, pistachios, dark chocolate and olives
Imperial Stout, American Porter, Stout, Berliner Weissbier, Doppelbock, Scotch Ale
A tasty and different grilled cheese sandwich! Another variation: add raspberry jam to one slice of bread and fig to the other, the combo is very yummy!
- 2 Slices of your favorite artisan bread (Pound Cake is also delicious!)
- 2-3oz President Brie, allow to soften on counter beforehand for easier melting
- Fig Spread
- Top with Rosemary if you wish
- Slice bread 1Ž2" thick, (or Pounds Cake) spread one slice generously with fig spread.
- Top with 2-3 slices of brie cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
- When pan is hot add butter to center of pan.
- Use a brush or swirl pan to spread butter out to accommodate sandwich.
- Place sandwich on pan and top with press. Lower heat to med/low. Let sit for 2 minutes and then check bottom piece of bread. When golden and crispy turn over and place press on sandwich again.
- Allow to cook until cheese is melted and bottom piece of bread is crispy and golden.
- Cut in half on the diagonal and serve.