- Olive oil for cooking
- 4 lbs. Zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, grated
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Tarragon, chopped
- ⅓ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 5 Cups Milk, warmed
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg, to taste
- 1½ lbs. Fresh Pasta, cut into lasagna noodles, cooked until just tender
- 4 lbs. Tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Preheat an oven to 375ºF.
- Butter a lasagna pan.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, warm 1 Tbs. of the olive oil.
- Working in batches, add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a platter and repeat with the remaining zucchini; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, tarragon, salt and pepper and stir to combine; set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth, then cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Cook, whisking occasionally, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg; set aside.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared lasagna pan with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Spread one-third of the ricotta mixture over the noodles.
- Spread one-third of the tomatoes over the ricotta mixture, then top with one-third of the zucchini.
- Pour one-third of the sauce over the zucchini.
- Repeat the layering twice, finishing with a layer of noodles.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the lasagna is golden and bubbling, about 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a comment