Prima Donna Maturo is extra ripened and features a pleasantly extra mature and full bodied flavor and solid consistency. This popular variety pairs perfectly with a glass of red wine. The finest visible salt and protein crystals characterize the exclusive character of Prima Donna maturo. Shred or grate in salads and pasta dishes, or great as a snacking cheese…YUM!
Wine Pairing: Wente Southern Hills Cabernet Sauvignon
Global Cheese Awards:
The Global Cheese Awards has being held in England for 150 years now and is one of the most famous cheese competitions. Each year approximately 1,000 cheeses are submitted worldwide in 170 different categories.
- GOLD in the category “Best Dutch Cheese” – 2015 – Prima Donna Maturo
- GOLD in the category “Best Dutch Cheese” – 2014 – Prima Donna Maturo
- GOLD in the category “Best Dutch Cheese” – 2013 – Prima Donna Maturo
- Elected “Best European Cheese” – 2013 -Prima Donna Maturo
World Cheese Awards:
- BRONZE in the category “Specialty cheese hard pressed” – 2014 – Prima Donna maturo
- SILVER in the category “Specialties” – 2011 – Prima Donna maturo
- GOLD in the category “Best Dutch cheese” – 2009 – Prima Donna maturo
- Elected “Best specialty cheese” by visitors – 2009 Prima Donna mature
The DLG (Deutsche Landwirtschafts-Gesellschaft – German Agricultural Society) promotes product quality of foods on the basis of binding and impartial quality standards, based on current scientific findings and the recognised test methods it has developed. With its International Tests the DLG leads quality assessment in Europe and is accredited in accordance with international norms.
Every year over 27,000 foods from and other countries are tested in the DLG Quality Tests. The “DLG Award Winner” label is only issued to foods that have been found worthy of it in sensory testing and that satisfy the DLG’s stringent quality criteria.
- GOLD – 2016 – Prima Donna Maturo
- GOLD – 2014 – Prima Donna Maturo
Arugula Pesto with Prima Donna Maturo
- 5.3 Oz. Prima Donna Maturo
- 3.5 Oz. Cashew Nuts
- 8.5 Oz. Arugula
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 250 ml. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Roast cashew nuts without grease in a non-stick frying pan.
- Allow to cool, then chop roughly.
- Wash and drain arugula, tear into pieces and remove thicker stems.
- Dice Prima Donna Maturo, peel and shred garlic cloves.
- Put these ingredients into an electric mixer and mix with some salt and pepper, stopping the mixer intermittently to add olive oil a little at a time. (In this way, a rough-grained creamy mass is created.)
- Transfer to a bowl, add salt or herbs according to taste.
- Pairs ideally with jacket potatoes, pasta or rice.