Henning’s Cheese is a 4th generation family owned and operated cheese factory located near Kiel Wisconsin. They still use milk from 25-30 small, local family dairy farmers who allow their cows to graze on lush pastures when the weather permits; giving a rich flavor to Henning’s award winning cheeses. Henning’s manufactures approximately 16,000 pounds of cheese daily, 5 days a week! Coborn’s had the opportunity to be a part of this unique cheese making experience; following the artisanal way of making cheese by turning and stacking each piece of cheese by hand.
The famous Henning’s Mild Cheddar makes a great addition to any recipe or simply paired with a glass of Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. If you prefer beer, a nice Pilsner or Blond Ale would be a great match for this rich creamy cheese that everyone is sure to love!
- The natural color of cheese is white, same color as milk.
- It takes 10 pounds or approximately 5 quarts of milk to make 1 pound of cheese.
- Lactose, the sugar in milk, is broken down during the cheese making process- cheese becomes lactose free after 1 to 2 years of aging.
- This cheese has an additional 15 – 20 recipes you can check out on the Henning’s web site at www.henningscheese.com under FAQs.
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast halves
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup Salsa
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Cup Henning's Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 T. Cilantro or Green Onion, chopped
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and salt over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over.
- Combine salsa and mustard; spoon over and around chicken.
- Continue cooking, turning chicken and stirring sauce, 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle cheese and cilantro over chicken.
- Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 1½ Lb. Hamburger
- 1 Onion, small
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 10 Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Cups Henning's Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 Cups Henning's Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Brown the hamburger with onion, season to taste.
- Drain the grease.
- Add spaghetti sauce, stir till blended.
- Cook noodles in salted water, drain water.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Put one layer of noodles in pan, ½ of the meat sauce, ½ of each cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then uncover pan and cook for 10 minutes.
Special thanks to Jamie Hamilton for supplying us with this month’s Cheese Blog and Recipes!