This is one of my all-time favorite recipes! Over the years I have spent a lot of money on Chapstick and lip balms that I end up losing, washing/drying and are all filled with nasty ingredients. I absolutely LOVE this lip balm because, as with all the other recipes I have shared with you, it is inexpensive, so quick and easy to make and works great! Also, I have absolutely no worry with my young kids using it or “accidentally” eating half a tube. Please be aware that using citrus oils such as grapefruit, lemon or orange on your skin prior to exposure to the sun or other ultraviolet light may cause a skin reaction or increased redness.
Click Here (http://goo.gl/Mlhtaz) for the free printable labels and give these as gifts – they make GREAT stocking stuffers!
Check out the awesome recipe and instructions below so you can make these at home yourself!
- 2 T. Beeswax pellets
- 2 T. Shea Butter
- 2 T. Coconut Oil
- 5-7 drops Essential Oil of your choice (i.e. Aura Cacia Peppermint oil)
- Lip balm tubes
- Medicine dropper
- In small pot, melt beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil.
- If using different kinds of essential oils, make sure to mark the bottoms of your tubes so you know which oil is in which tube.
- Turn burner off but leave pan on hot burner so the mixture does not harden.
- Carefully use the medicine dropper to fill a tube halfway with melted mixture, add drops of essential oil, stir with toothpick and fill the rest of the tube with melted mixture.
- Once the tubes cool and harden, the mixture will sink and there will be a space at the top. Make sure to leave a little of the melted mixture so you can go back and fill that spot in each tube.
- Replace covers once the tube is completely cooled.
Senior Administrative Assitant
Click Here for more articles written by Lori