As I am adding the details to this blog, it is a dreary Wednesday. It’s already been a long week of work and I am ready to relax, but of course my day doesn’t end at the 5:00pm hour- we have a potluck to go to tonight. You know I love a good potluck, but I’m burnt out, have a case of the mid-week blues and need an easy recipe. For tonight, I decided to make a taco dip to share. It’s easy, quick, you don’t need a lot of ingredients and it’s always sure to be a hit.
In my recipe I simply top my sour cream, cream cheese, taco seasoning mixture with shredded lettuce, green onions, chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese. That is only because I have a picky family, you could add many more ingredients to this for some extra flavor. For example I’ve tried things like sliced black olives, black beans, chopped jalapeños, sliced avocado, salsa, taco sauce, diced chilies, etc. You get the idea. So be creative, add what you like and serve with your favorite tortilla chips. I hope you enjoy this yummy dish and that you keep calm and carry on through the rest of your work week. Stay strong- the weekend is in sight!
- 2 - 1 Oz. Packages Taco Seasoning Mix
- Shredded Lettuce
- 16 Oz. Cream Cheese
- 16 Oz. Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Green Onions, chopped
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and sour cream. Use electric mixer to obtain a less lumpy texture, or stir by hand to create a cottage cheese texture.
- Add both packages of taco seasoning mix.
- Spread evenly onto a serving platter.
- Evenly layer shredded lettuce, onions, cheese and tomatoes on top of cheese mixture.
You can also season the top of the dip with a Mexican seasoning mix.