If you like tuna on the grill you are going to love this recipe. Adding the salsa to this recipe puts it over the top. The flavor of lime juice, cilantro and a little spice from the jalapeño is fantastic! Enjoy… I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat And Seafood Merchandiser
- 1-1/2 Lbs. Fresh Tuna Steaks
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 2 tsp. Chili Oil
- 2 T. Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 Kiwi Fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 Med. Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 T. Lime Juice
- 2 T. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- In small glass dish, mix remaining tuna ingredients.
- Add tuna; turn to coat with marinade.
- Cover; refrigerate, turning once, at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours to marinade.
- In medium bowl, mix all salsa ingredients; refrigerate.
- Spray grill rack with cooking spray.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Remove tuna from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place tuna on the grill.
- Cover grill; cook over medium heat 11 to 15 minutes brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once until internal temperature of tuna reaches 145 degrees.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Top tuna with salsa.