I always throw brats on the grill when I need a quick meal, but this time I wanted to do something different and spice it up a little. So, I made a tomato relish that you can put on the brats before serving them. They were great! I love the mustard and oregano flavoring added to the brats and topping it off with the tomato relish made this recipe a winner. Enjoy…I did!
Coborns Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 2 Cups Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 T. Red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. Dried Oregano Leaves
- ¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano Leaves
- 6 Fresh Italian Flavored Bratwurst
- 6 Bratwurst Buns, split
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, mix relish ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In another small bowl, mix mustard and oregano; set aside.
- Place sausages on grill over medium heat.
- Cover grill; cook 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Continue grilling 8 to 10 minutes longer, and brushing occasionally with mustard mixture, until internal temperature of bratwurst reaches 170 degrees.
- Discard any remaining mustard mixture.
- Serve bratwurst on buns with relish.