During the winter months I always set a goal to go through all my cupboards and closets in my home and get rid of everything I no longer want or need by the time spring arrives. I had each one of the kids stop home and take their junk that they have stored here for years and if they didn’t want it, I would make sure to donate it to our favorite charity. Well, spring has arrived and I accomplished my goal. I can’t believe how much storage space I have and the best part of going into summer, my house is clean and all the junk is gone.
Now that I have all this extra time, I had a few of my girlfriends over for dinner the other night right after work and I knew that wouldn’t give me much time to come up with something so I prepared a meal that is my husband’s absolute favorite and it is so quick and easy to make. I have served this many times for dinner parties and even for Easter Dinner instead of the traditional ham. I have had so many requests for this recipe and finally my girlfriends the other night told me to put it on my next blog, so here it is. All it takes is 30 minutes of your time. I also have to tell you a little bit about the chicken that I use in this recipe. I want to make sure that I am serving a good and healthy product to my family and friends, so I choose Just BARE Chicken because of the attributes listed in the graphic above.
Crusted Parmesan Chicken
- 1 Package Rice-A-Roni Chicken Flavored Rice
- 1 Cup Half-n-Half or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tub Chive & Onion Flavored Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Packages Fresh Chicken Tenders
- 1 Box Fryin’ Magic Seasoned Coating Mix
- Prepare Chicken Flavored Rice according to package in frying pan and keep warm.
- Moisten chicken tenders with a little water.
- Pour Fryin’ Magic into plastic re-sealable bag along with chicken tenders.
- Shake to coat the chicken tenders.
- Preheat ¼ cup oil in a skillet.
- Brown pieces of chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes, per side.
- Cook until internal temperature of chicken reaches at least 165°F.
- Melt one tub of Chive & Onion Flavored Cream Cheese in pan
- Add 1 cup half-n-half, and ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Mix all together until it forms a nice creamy sauce.
- Now it’s time to serve. Let your company help themselves by placing rice on their plate, then top with 3-4 pieces of chicken and pour Parmesan sauce over the top.
Then all you need is a side of fresh asparagus or garden fresh beans and you have the perfect meal. My husband loves this recipe so much that I think he would give up a steak dinner for this and believe me I thought I would never see that day. Enjoy…..we all did!
Coborn’s, Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
Click Here for more articles written by Jayne