Last year I wrote a blog featuring Seven Festive Ways to Use a Mason Jar. I received a lot of positive feedback so I wanted to blog about a few more fun ways to use a mason jar for the holidays. These ideas are simple, fun and make great gifts. Don’t forget that you can get most, if not all of the items to make these gifts at your local Coborn’s!
Mint Cocoa Cocktail
First let’s start with a fun “Adult” gift, The Mint Cocoa Cocktail. A little mint a little cocoa and a little liquor make for a great way to unwind from a long winter day. Click Here to print the Free Printable Gift Tags that include the directions on how to make this Christmas-y Cocktail.
- Mason Jar
- Handful Peppermint Candies
- 2 Small Bottles Peppermint Schnapps
- 2 Packets Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 Peppermint Candy Canes
- One 8" Round Piece of Material (peppermint pattern)
- 4.5' Twine
- Four 1" Bulbs (I used 4 different colors)
- Free Printable Tag
- Place peppermint candies in the bottom of the jar.
- Place 2 hot cocoa packets in the back of the jar.
- Place 2 bottles of peppermint schnapps in the jar in front of the cocoa packets.
- Add 2 candy canes in the jar for stir sticks.
- Screw the lid on the jar.
- Place the material on top of the lid.
- Wrap the twine twice around the lid to secure the material on the top of the jar.
- Attach free printable tag with twine.
- Tie the bulbs to the end of the twine.
- Stir with candy canes and enjoy!
Cinnamon Popcorn Santa
My next mason jar gift idea is a tasty treat that anyone on your list will love!
- Mason Jar Supplies
- Large Mason jar
- Little Santa hat
- 1 Foot 1" Black Ribbon (or paper)
- 2" x 2" Sparkly Silver Paper
- Cinnamon Candy Popcorn
- Hot Glue
- Cinnamon Popcorn Ingredients
- 8 Quarts Popped Popcorn
- 1 Cup Butter, cubed
- ½ Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 9 Oz. Red Hot Candies
- Mason Jar Instructions
- Hot glue the Santa hat on the lid.
- Hot glue the black band around the middle of the jar.
- Hot glue the silver buckle on the black band.
- Fill the jar with Cinnamon Candy Popcorn.
- Cinnamon Popcorn Directions
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, corn syrup and candies; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Transfer popcorn to two greased 15" x 10" x1" baking pans.
- Bake at 250°F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Dump popcorn onto waxed paper to cool.
- Break apart; store in airtight containers.
Edible Play Dough Snowman
My last mason jar gift idea is an edible play dough snowman. This is a great gift for the kids on your list. It is not a tasty treat, but if it is consumed, it is at least made with all edible ingredients! Not to mention it is pretty adorable as well.
- Mason Jar Snowman Supplies
- Mason Jar
- White Spray Paint
- Two ¾ -1" Black Buttons
- Four ½" Black Buttons
- Small Piece Orange Felt
- 16" Square Piece of Material
- Styrofoam ball - 3" Round and 1 ½" high
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Edible Play Dough Ingredients
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 Stick Butter, softened
- Spray paint the Mason jar white.
- Cut orange felt into a triangle to create a nose.
- Hot glue button eyes, button mouth and felt nose onto jar.
- Lay material right side down and place jar lid on top.
- Cut Styrofoam ball to fit on top of the jar (use a steak knife).
- Pull material up around the lid and ball and tie it, cutting off any excess.
- Make Edible Play Dough by combining cake mix, stick of softened butter and water. Add water as needed to create desired consistency.
- Push play dough in the jar and seal it with the lid.
I hope you enjoy making these fun and festive mason jar gifts for your friends and family this holiday. For more fun gift ideas using mason jars Click Here and start following us on Pinterest today!
Coborn’s, Inc. Graphic Designer
Click Here for more blog articles written by Lynell