Weekly Ad Recipe - Bacon, Tomato and Avocado Grilled Cheese
- 8 Oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 Slices Bread, white or whole wheat
- 1 Small Onion, chopped (optional)
- 8 Slices Bacon, crisply cooked
- 1 Medium Tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium Avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup Butter, softened
- Place ¼-cup cheese on each of 4 bread slices.
- Divide onion, bacon, tomato and avocado evenly onto bread slices.
- Top with remaining cheese and bread slices.
- Spread 2 teaspoons butter over each top slice of bread.
- Place sandwiches, buttered side down, in 12” skillet over medium heat.
- Spread remaining butter over top slices of bread.
- Cook uncovered about 5 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
This is a great, quick and easy recipe for any type of lunch or dinner, especially when you are in a hurry. I just love avocado on anything, and when you add it to your normal BLT Sandwich it puts it over the top. This is one of my favorite recipes. Enjoy…I did!
Coborn’s, Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
Leave a comment