This is a very quick meal to prepare and cook. This is also a perfect meal for camping because it is so easy. The flavor of the Ranch Chicken and Vegetables go together so well. I love meals that you can wrap up in foil and just throw on the grill. I have also tried this recipe during the colder months and baked it in a glass dish instead of the foil in the oven at 350 degrees and it works out great too.
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (4-5 oz. each)
1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
1/4 Cup Water
2 Cups Small Red Potatoes, quartered
1 Cup Baby Cut Carrots
1/4 Lb. Fresh Green Beans, trimmed
1/3 Cup Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1) Heat grill. Cut four 18 x 12 inch sheets of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt; place one breast on each sheet of foil. Dribble 1 T. of the dressing over each breast.
2) In medium bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup dressing and the water. Stir in potatoes, carrots and green beans. Divide vegetables among chicken breasts; sprinkle with cheese.
3) Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges making tight 1/2 inch fold. Fold again allowing for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
4) Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 minutes, rotate packets; grill 5-15 minutes until vegetables are tender and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F.
5) To serve, cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil to allow steam to escape.
Makes 4 Servings
Suggested Wine Pairing
Handcraft Chardonnay is new to this market this year. It is a great choice to pair with chicken dishes. It also has some fun floral, honey and peach aromatics enhanced by 7% Viognier in the final blend.