May Day Craft Ideas
When you think of May Day, you think of may poles, may baskets and celebrating spring. The holiday actually began as an ancient spring festival – in modern times, people would leave “May Baskets” in secret on neighbors’ doorsteps. These ‘baskets’ can be filled with candy, cookies or flowers – really whatever you like! They’re a fun craft to make with kids and spread some kindness through your neighborhood.
If you’d like to create some May Baskets – here are some ideas we love. Many include things you can find around your house. And – you can find many of the supplies and treats right at Coborn’s stores or at CobornsDelivers.com
- This project uses cans you probably have in your recycle bin as the holder. Bonus: they’re water tight so you can use fresh flowers as your May Day gift!
- Turn lollipops into flowers with this idea for a simple May Day basket. Just cut out a flower and poke a hole through the center and slide the sucker stick through! This May Day basket uses plastic cups and a pipe cleaner for a super simple container.
- Celebrate April Showers and May Flowers with this easy craft idea using paper plates, water colors and tissue paper.
- Here’s another great use for paper plates – turn them into baskets! You can simply embellish them with ribbon, or get creative and draw on the plates for one-0f-a-kind containers.
- Paper cones are lovely ways to share flowers or treats. This is an easy step-by-step guide to creating some adorable cones.
Will you create May Day baskets? What do you fill them with?