Oscar Party Menus
This Sunday, Hollywood will honor the best in movies from the past year. Whether you’re hoping “The Artist” wins it all, that “The Muppets” win Best Song, or that you’re cheering for the cast of “The Help” to take home Oscar gold – you’ll want to have great food for your viewing party.
Movie-inspired Menus for Oscar Night
Why not take your cue from the movies being honored for your menu? Take some inspiration from “The Help” and go southern with your Oscar party food. Slow-Cooked Collard Greens, Chocolate Icebox Pie and Sweet Tea are a must for your table, paired with Fried Chicken or Macaroni and Cheese.
If you’re rooting for “Moneyball” to take home some trophies why not do a baseball-food inspired party? We have some great ideas for recreating your favorite ballpark food at home.
If you’re really ambitious – here are some amazing menus inspired by each of the Best Picture nominees. The folks at Epicurious have outdone themselves! From French fare for “Hugo” and “Midnight in Paris” to hearty English dishes for “War Horse,” the possibilities are endless.
Appetizers for Your Oscar Party
If you’d rather just create some great food to nibble on through the show – try these ideas:
- Guiltless Guacamole: this spread gets slimmed down with kidney beans. Sliced vegetables and pita bread make for healthy dippers.
- Cheese Platter: A balanced cheese plate is perfect for feeding a crowd. Make sure to include a variety of cheeses – aged, soft and blue are a great start. Serve crackers, bread, fruit and olives alongside it and you’re set! The folks at Real Simple have created a great guide to creating the perfect cheese plate for your reference.
- Popcorn: you have to have this classic movie snack! Make your favorites from Coborn’s and CobornsDelivers or make your own popcorn. It’s surprisingly easy.
- Movie Candy: Enjoy your favorite movie candy – licorice, Junior Mints, M&M’s and Dots are a fun way to celebrate the big screen.
- Bite-size Desserts: Why not create some one-bite treats? Mini-muffin tins work great for these. Mini Molten Chocolate Cakes, Almond Cherry Bites and Mini Black Bottom Cheesecakes would make a lovely dessert buffet. They can be made ahead of time, too.
Pour Some Bubbly
If there’s one night to enjoy Champagne – this is it! Pour some bubbly and pretend you’re a high roller. You can also get some great bubbly without spending a lot at Coborn’s liquor stores and in the Cellar at CobornsDelivers.com. Prosecco, Cava and Sparking Wine made in the United States are often great values for bubbly. You can learn about the different kinds of sparkling wine in this blog post.
Fill Out Your Oscar Ballot
If you love to make your own Oscar picks, download your own Oscar ballot here. Good luck picking the winners! What’s your favorite part of the Oscars?