Halloween is dedicated to all things creepy, crawly and sugary! But while you are stocking up on candy and other sweet treats, why not also grab some supplies to make a bubbling brew to enjoy after all the tricking and treating? Your kids will have as much fun making these recipes as they will drinking them!
1 cup boiling water
2 packages lime-flavored gelatin
3 cups cold water
1 1/2 quart lemon-lime soda — chilled
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 cup gummy worms
1. Place 1 cup of the gummy worms in one or more ice cube trays, snipping worms as needed to fit. Fill trays with water and freeze overnight.
2. Pour 1 cup boiling water over lime gelatin in a pitcher; stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in cold water. Add lemon-lime soda and sugar; stir well until sugar is dissolved.
3. Serve punch in glasses with Wormy Floaters and garnished with additional gummy worms.
1 (2 liter) bottle orange-flavored soda, chilled
24 oz. fruit punch, chilled
1/4 gallon (half of a 1/2 gallon carton) vanilla ice cream
1. In a punch bowl , stir together the fruit punch and the soda.
2. Scoop out the ice cream and place all over the top of the punch. Stir gently for a moment to get the right look.
3. Garnish this Halloween party punch with creepy crawlies, if desired.
And now, for the adults to enjoy, how about a Trick-or-Tini?
1 part coconut cream
1 part tangerine flavored mixer
1 part banana liqueur
Splash of white rum
Chill ingredients in fridge or freezer. Once cooled, pour the first three ingredients, in the order listed above, slowly over the back side of a spoon into a martini glass. Top with a splash of white rum.